BusinessThriver Ltd Advisor Terms and Conditions
BusinessThriver LTD (“BusinessThriver”) IS WILLING TO GRANT THE SUBSCRIBER (DEFINED BELOW) RIGHTS TO A SUBSCRIPTION AND TO USE THE SERVICES DESCRIBED BELOW ON THE CONDITION THAT YOU ACCEPT ALL OF THESE TERMS. PLEASE READ THE TERMS CAREFULLY. BY COMPLETING AND SUBMITTING AN ONLINE ORDER FORM AT THE LINK WE PROVIDE (THE “ORDER FORM”), YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT ALL OF THESE TERMS. YOU MAY AGREE TO THESE TERMS AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR IF YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS ON BEHALF OF AN ORGANIZATION OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOUR ACCEPTANCE REPRESENTS THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND IT TO THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, OR IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND YOUR ORGANIZATION OR ENTITY, THEN BusinessThriver IS UNWILLING TO GRANT YOU RIGHTS TO ESTABLISH AN ACCOUNT AND TO USE THE SERVICES.
- “Administrator” means an individual Subscriber or a contractor or employee of a Subscriber who is authorised to designate Authorised Users (defined below). Each organization or entity Subscriber must have at least one Administrator.
- “Applicable Law” means all applicable present and future laws, statutes, regulations, treaties, judgments and decrees and, whether or not having the force of law, all applicable requirements, requests, official directives, rules, consents, approvals, authorizations, guidelines, orders and policies of any governmental authority having or purporting to have authority over one or both parties and/or the subject matter of these terms. For greater certainty, included in the meaning of “Applicable Law” are all laws relating to data, privacy, and electronic communications.
- “Authorised User” means a person other than the Subscriber who has been invited to use our Services through a subscription and who must also accept these terms to use our Services and who is deemed to have accepted them upon his/her use of the Services. The number of Authorised Users shall always be limited to the number of subscriptions set out in your Order Form.
- “Content” means digital files and data that you upload and post to public areas of this this site or elsewhere, such as our public forums where you post content and collaborate with other subscribers.
- “Services” means
- access on this website and to our “The BusinessThriver System™” software product (including related content, documentation, training and certification);
- any updates or upgrades to the Services released by us from time to time; and
- any other services we provide now or in the future.
- to maintain integrity of Client BusinessThriver Accreditation, Clients have to contract and pay BusinessThriver directly for Accreditation and associated Accreditation assessments. Subscribers will be privy to their customers accreditation results, reports and data insights provided for Subscriber insights.
- “Subscriber” means the individual, organization, or entity purchaser of the subscription for the Services.
- “Accreditation” means BusinessThriver Accreditation requiring annual accreditation and ongoing monthly micro assessments across the components of BusinessThriver Accreditation.
- “Client” means an organization contracted directly to BusinessThriver for BusinessThriver Accreditation.
- Parties. The parties to this legal agreement are BusinessThriver and the Subscriber which may be referred to as “you”, “your”, and/or “yourself”. All references to “we”, “us”, “our”, “BusinessThriver”, “this website” or “this site” shall be construed to mean this www.businessthriver.co.uk website.
- Subscription Period. Your subscription commences on the day on which the initial charge appears on your credit card, unless otherwise agreed in writing, and continues for a period of one year (the “Initial Term”). At the end of the Initial Term and each Renewal Term (as defined below), your subscription shall automatically continue, subject to the provisions below, for successive periods of ninety (90) days (each a “Renewal Term”), provided you continue to pay the Subscription Fees. Together, the Initial Term and all Renewal Terms shall be the “Term”. You may choose to terminate your subscription as further detailed below. You’ll still need to pay all relevant Subscription Fees up to and including the day of termination.
- Pricing and Taxes. You need to pay for a subscription based on the pricing as detailed in the Order Form, which explains the pricing details and other terms of your subscription. Your use of our Services requires you to pay a monthly fee based on your subscription type (the “Subscription Fee”) which shall be automatically charged to your credit card, debited from your bank account, or paid via other methods based on our applicable billing frequency. The terms of the pricing plan form part of these terms. We may occasionally update or amend the pricing plan, but such changes won’t apply retrospectively and, if we make changes and you’re a Subscriber, we’ll make every effort to let you know. Depending on your region, transactional taxes like HST, VAT and other similar taxes may apply in addition to Subscription Fees unless otherwise indicated. In the event of any payment default during the Initial Term, the monetary balance of your subscription for the Initial Term will be accelerated and will become immediately due and payable in full.
- Discounts. We may offer at our discretion from time to time promotion that may include reduced fees for Services conditioned upon your membership in a particular organization (“Partner”). You agree that we are entitled to request from you or the Partner reasonable proof of your membership in the Partner organization as a prerequisite of providing you any Services at promotional rates, and to request from time to time proof of your continued membership in order to continue such promotional rates. Failure to provide proof of membership in a Partner organization upon our request will result in the imposition of regular fees for Services retroactive to the last date as to which proof of membership was provided.
- Agreement and Modification of Agreement. The legal agreement between you and BusinessThriver (the “Agreement”) consists of these terms and our privacy https://businessthriver.co.uk/privacy-policy/ is hereby incorporated and accessible on our home page. We can modify these terms at any time by posting amended terms that are accessible through a link on our webpage and will also endeavour to give you prior notice. You should check these terms periodically for modifications. IF ANY MODIFICATION IS UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOUR ONLY RECOURSE IS TO TERMINATE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES FOLLOWING OUR POSTING OF AMENDED TERMS OR PROVIDING YOU NOTICE OF A MODIFICATION WILL CONSTITUTE BINDING ACCEPTANCE.
- Modification of Services. We reserve the right to occasionally modify the Services. Generally, we will endeavour to provide you with 30 days’ notice of material modifications they become effective, unless we need to make immediate changes for reasons we don’t have control over. Certain other new functionality may be offered in the future for an additional fee, and if you elect to purchase any of this new functionality it will be deemed to be part of the Services.
- Right to Use Our Services. Whether you’re a Subscriber or an Authorised User, and subject to these terms, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use our Services (based on your subscription type, your user role and the level of access you’ve been granted) for as long as the Subscriber continues to pay for the subscription, until the subscription is terminated, or – if you’re an Authorised User – until your access is revoked (“Authorised Use”).
- Restrictions on Use. You agree that your use of the Services will be in a manner consistent with these terms and with all Applicable Law. You agree to use our Services only for lawful business purposes and in line with the instructions and guidance we provide. While we can’t cover everything here, we do want to highlight a few more examples of things you mustn’t ever do:
- undermine the security or integrity of our computing systems or networks;
- use our Services in any way that might impair functionality or interfere with other people’s use;
- access any system without permission;
- Introduce or upload anything to our services that includes viruses or other malicious code;
- share anything that may be offensive, violates any Applicable Law, or infringes on the rights of others;
- modify, copy, adapt, reproduce, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or extract the source code of any part of our services;
- resell, lease or provide our Services in any way not expressly permitted by us;
- repackage, resell, or sublicense any leads or data accessed through our Services;
- act in a manner that is abusive or disrespectful to us, our employees, partners or other customers; or
- use the Services for any purpose other than your internal business purposes of processing, storing, and maintaining your data. We will not tolerate any abuse or bullying of our employees in any situation and that includes interaction with our customer support or customer success teams.
- Your Access to the Services and Your Confidential Information.
- Individual Subscribers are required to register as the initial Administrator and an Authorised User.
- The initial Administrator shall register and designate himself/herself as the initial administrator. The initial Administrator shall be the overall administrator of the subscription and is authorised to appoint additional Administrators and Authorised Users. Any Administrator is authorised to manage the subscription, including the authority to appoint Authorised Users. If an Administrator deems it necessary to terminate access to the Services for any Authorised User, s/he shall follow the designated procedures to deactivate the person’s Username (defined below).
- Administrators shall provide each Authorised User with a unique email address, login ID and password (“Username”) which is not transferable to any other user, including Authorised Users.
- Administrators shall manage the subscription and assume the responsibility for the appointment of, and use of the Services by, and Authorised Users. Administrators are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Usernames and any additional information that we may provide. No Administrator or Authorised User may share, distribute, rent, loan, sell, purport to sublicense or otherwise transfer or attempt to transfer a Username to another person and doing so shall be cause for us to immediately terminate your subscription and to suspend access to all Services.
- Administrators shall have access to all contact information and reports associated with the subscriptions.
- Use of the Services by Authorized Users via an Application Program Interface (“API”) is authorized, subject to the following conditions:
- These terms shall apply to all use of the Services via an API or third-party product, including without limitation all limitations of liability provided herein.
- Excessive use of the Services via an API or third-party product may result in a diminution of the Services. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to suspend or terminate use of the Services via an API or third-party product.
- Subscribers that are organisations or entities (non-individuals), cannot split a subscription among multiple users. Each user must be an Authorised User and the Subscription Fees will vary based on the number of Authorised Users as further detailed in the Order Form. All Authorised Users under an organization’s or entity’s subscription must be employed by or contracted to the same legal entity.
- You agree not to make any former Authorised User an Authorised User hereunder during the Term and for a period of twelve (12) months thereafter without our permission which we can withhold for any reason.
- The Subscriber is responsible for all the activity of each Authorised User.
- We strive to maintain the availability of our Services and provide support. On occasion, we need to perform maintenance on our services, and this may require a period of downtime. We try to minimise any such downtime. Where planned maintenance is being undertaken, we’ll attempt to notify you in advance but can’t guarantee it. You know how the internet works – occasionally you might not be able to access our services and your data. This might happen for any number of reasons, at any time.
- You promise that you’ll keep your information (including a current email address) up to date. You’re responsible for providing true, accurate and complete information and for verifying the accuracy of any information that you use from our services for your legal, tax and compliance obligations. You’re also responsible for protecting your Username and password from getting stolen or misused. We have minimum password standards, but you will ensure that passwords are very strong and not easily guessable – the stronger the password the better.
- You will not market, sell or re-sell any part of your subscription to another individual or entity or to bundle it with any services you provide to others without our written consent.
- Security. We take security seriously and you should too
- Security safeguards: We’ve invested in certain safeguards to do our part to help keep your data safe and secure. While we’ve taken steps to help protect your data, no method of electronic storage is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security. We will notify you if there appears to be unauthorised access to your account and we may also restrict access to certain parts of our Services until you verify that access was by an authorised user.
- Account security features: We may introduce security features to make your account more secure. Depending on where you are in the world or what Services you’re using, we may require you to adopt some of these features. Where we make the use of security features optional, you’re responsible (meaning we’re not liable) for any consequences of not using those features. We strongly encourage you to use all optional security features.
- Playing your part to secure your data: You have an important part to play by keeping your login details secure, not letting any other person use them, and by making sure you have strong security on your own systems. If you realise there has been any unauthorised use of your password or any breach of security to your account or email address linked to your account, you must let us know immediately.
- Confidential Information. While using the Services, and only for the purposes contemplated here, you may share Confidential Information with us, and you may become aware of confidential information about us. You and we both agree to take reasonable steps to protect the other party’s confidential information from being accessed by unauthorised individuals. You or we may share each other’s confidential information with legal or regulatory authorities if required to do so. In our case, we claim as “Confidential Information” the non-public marketing and sales and subscriber information, algorithms, logic, design, and coding methodology embodied in the Services, our website, and all software and technology we use to provide the Services as well as any reports produced including any “The BusinessThriver Score™” report(s).
- Discussions and Postings and Content.
- On The BusinessThriver System™ Facebook & LinkedIn Groups, you can participate in discussions about our Services. Only share private information if you’re happy for others to know it, and don’t post anything you don’t have the right to share. Full rules for each group are available on their respective pages.
- You retain all rights and ownership to your Content. We make no claim of ownership to your Content; however, we do need certain rights (a licence) to use your Content to enable our Services. If you upload or submit your Content, you grant to us and any of our affiliated entities a worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, and perpetual right and licence
- to use, reproduce, modify, and create derivative works based on your Content, and
- to host, publish, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform your Content and derivative works in all methods and means of distribution and publication, now known or hereafter developed. This licence granted by you is only for purposes of marketing, promoting, or improving our Services.
- Termination; CANCELLATION.
- You or we can terminate your subscription with three (3) months’ written notice following the Initial Term. If you violate these terms in any way or if you become insolvent, your business goes into liquidation or has a receiver or manager appointed over any of its assets, or you become subject to any similar insolvency event in any jurisdiction, we may terminate your subscription immediately and/or suspend access to your subscription or data. There will be no refunds of Subscription Fees or any other prepaid amounts upon termination by either of us.
- Once a subscription is terminated by you or us, it is archived, and the data submitted or created by you is no longer available to you. In any event, we reserve the right (but do not have the obligation) to irrevocably delete all of your data and any contact information beginning thirty (30) days after your subscription ceases for any reason, without any further notice or obligation to you.
- Upon expiry or termination for any reason of your subscription, you will be required to remove all references to BusinessThriver scorecards and assessments including but not limed to, Certified BusinessThriver™ and The BusinessThriver System™ from all your marketing materials (g. company literature, website, etc.) You will also lose your status as a Certified BusinessThriver™ and will be required to remove the “Certified BusinessThriver™” designation from your professional email signatures, business cards and profiles (including on LinkedIn, etc.).
- Training. As part of your subscription, each Subscriber (and, in cases where the Subscriber is an entity or organization with multiple Authorised Users, at least one Authorised User) must first earn the Certified BusinessThriver™ designation (additional cost applies per Order Form) to offer the BusinessThriver Engagements.
To earn this designation, an individual must complete the BusinessThriver online (e-learning) course and attend one of our virtual or in-person Certified BusinessThriver™ courses. A Certified BusinessThriver™ designation is only valid if a subscription is in effect and shall immediately terminate upon its expiry or termination for any reason.
- Technical Support and Consulting Services. During the Term, we will provide technical product support in the form of responses to questions by email or telephone at no additional charge. If additional services are required for the proper use and operation of the Services or if additional optional training or consulting services are requested, we will provide such services on a time and materials (“T&M”) basis; that is,
- you will pay us for all the time spent performing such services (including all travel time), plus materials, taxes, and reimbursable expenses; and
- the rates for such services shall be our then-current standard rates when such services are provided. Any monetary limit stated in an estimate for T&M services shall be an estimate only for your budgeting and our resource scheduling purposes. If the limit is exceeded, we will cooperate with you to provide continuing services on a T&M basis. We will invoice you monthly for T&M services. Charges shall be payable upon receipt of invoice. We reserve the right to require a non-refundable fee and/or cost deposit prior to commencement of services as well as a work order.
- Use of data. When you enter or upload your data into our systems, and subject to the provisions of the section “Intellectual Property Ownership” below, we don’t own that data but you grant us a licence to use, copy, transmit, store, analyze, and back up all data you submit to us through our Services, including personal data of yourself and others, to: enable you to use our Services; allow us to improve, develop and protect our Services; create new services; communicate with you about your subscription; and send you information we think may be of interest to you based on your marketing preferences. We may use third party sub-processors.
- Anonymized statistical data: When you use our Services, we may create anonymized statistical data from your data and usage of our services, including through aggregation. Once anonymized, we may use it for our own purposes, such as to provide and improve our services, to develop new services or product offerings, to identify business trends, and for other uses we communicate to you.
- Data breach notifications: Where we think there has been unauthorised access to personal data inside your subscription, we’ll let you know and give you information about what has happened. Depending on the nature of the unauthorised access, and the location of your affected contacts, you may be required to assess whether the unauthorised access must be reported to the contact and/or a relevant authority. We think you’re best placed to make this decision, because you’ll have the most knowledge about the personal data stored in your subscription.
- Intellectual Property Ownership. BusinessThriver owns everything we’ve put into our Services unless otherwise stated and excluding content owned by others. This includes rights in the design, compilation, and look and feel of our services including our websites, all content, training materials, software and software code and technology and reports, including “BusinessThriver Score” assessments and reports. It also includes rights in all copyrighted works, trademarks, designs, inventions, and other intellectual property.
You agree not to copy, distribute, modify, or make derivative works of any of our content or use any of our intellectual property rights in any way not expressly permitted by us.
BusinessThriver owns the rights to any websites/domain names/links we temporarily provide to Subscribers while they are subscribers. For greater certainty, once your subscription ceases, you retain no rights to use any such websites/domain names/links, nor do you have any rights relating to any leads generated from them.
In addition, we may occasionally and in our sole discretion provide you with sales leads. We may at any time, whether you are then a Subscriber or whether your subscription has ceased for any reason, reassign any such lead(s) to any other subscriber without any compensation or obligation to you whatsoever.
BusinessThriver owns all user data collected from The BusinessThriver System™ and your use of the Services. No part or derivation of The BusinessThriver System™, “BusinessThriver”, “Certified BusinessThriver”, “SingleOrganisingIdea” can appear in your URL. For example, you cannot use MySingleOrganizingIdeaSystem.com or any derivations of it. To use the Certified BusinessThriver™ designation in your marketing and professional profile, you must have an active subscription.
BusinessThriver is not required to delete any information relating to anyone that interacts with us to obtain his/her/its BusinessThriver Score once your subscription ceases.
You will not sell, share, or refer any sales leads we have provided to you without our written permission. If a contact that you add into our system does not interact with us (whether to obtain a BusinessThriver Score or assessment or otherwise), that contact and any of the data it provides remains your sales lead and upon your written request (to be made within fifteen (15) days of the date on which your subscription ceases), we will delete this contact’s information.
- Compliance with Applicable Law. You agree you will always comply with all Applicable Law. You may not use the Services in any way, including directly or indirectly, to send, transmit, handle, distribute or deliver unsolicited email in violation of Applicable Law, including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), or any other Applicable Law.
You further represent and warrant that any contact information referred to in the section “Intellectual Property Ownership” above has been obtained lawfully and with all required consents and has not, for example, been obtained via any surreptitious methods (g. scraping or harvesting). Different laws may apply in different countries that restrict our relationship with you. We may block your access, terminate your subscription, or refuse to process a payment if we reasonably believe there’s a risk – like a potential breach of Applicable Law – associated with you, your company, your subscription, or a payment. Examples of where we might do this include transactions where the payment is from a sanctioned person or country; or where we reasonably believe there is a legal or regulatory risk or a risk of loss being suffered by us or our customers or partners. You promise that you’re not located in a sanctioned country and are not on a sanctioned persons list. We may also block users from a country if we can’t receive payments from that country. You should check what payment methods are available in your country for making payments. We may take any of these actions without notice.
- Limited Warranty; Disclaimers. We warrant that
- your use of the Services will be free and clear of any third-party proprietary rights;
- BusinessThriver will undertake reasonable efforts to maximise uptime for the Services, except for routine maintenance; and
- the Services will be free of material defects and will conform to the descriptions we provide (“Limited Warranty”). These express warranties are the sole warranties with respect to the Services and are in lieu of all other warranties express or implied. Your sole and exclusive remedy for breach of this Limited Warranty shall be the prompt correction of material defects and non-conforming Services at our expense. Whatever the cause of any downtime, access issues or data loss, your only recourse is to discontinue using the Services. BusinessThriver PROVIDE THE SERVICES “AS-IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED TO YOU. WE, ON BEHALF OF OUR SUPPLIERS AND VENDORS, AND SUBJECT TO THE PROVISIONS IN THE SECTION “CONSUMER LAWS” BELOW, SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THOSE RELATING TO NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- BusinessThriver Indemnity of You. BusinessThriver will indemnify, defend and hold you harmless from and against any demands, lawsuits, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses that we incur arising out of, or in connection with a third-party claim against you that any Services infringes on any UK, Canadian or U.S. intellectual property right of a third party that is known to us prior to providing the Services to you. We will have no liability or obligation if the claim arises from
- any alteration or modification to the Services other than by us,
- any combination of the Services with other programs or data not furnished by us, or
- any use of the Services prohibited by these terms or Applicable Law or otherwise outside the scope of use for which the Services is intended. If you are enjoined from using the Services, or if we believe that the Services may become the subject of a claim of intellectual property infringement, we, at our option and expense, may:
- procure the right for you to continue to use the Services;
- replace or modify the Services so as to make them non-infringing; or
- terminate your subscription, in which case we will refund to you any Subscription Fees paid in advance for those Services. These remedies are your sole remedies for claims of infringement.
- Your Indemnity of Us. Subscriber will indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from and against any demands, lawsuits, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses that we incur arising out of, or in connection with a third-party claim against us relating to your use of our Services or any third-part product (except as far as we’re at fault) and/or in connection with any breach by you of these terms of Applicable Law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. OTHER THAN LIABILITY THAT BusinessThriver CAN’T EXCLUDE OR LIMIT BY APPLICABLE LAW, BusinessThriver LIABILITY TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS, THE SERVICES OR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION, IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED AS FOLLOWS:
- WE HAVE NO LIABILITY ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES FOR ANY LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFIT, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF CUSTOMERS, LOSS OF CAPITAL, LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LEGAL, TAX OR ACCOUNTING COMPLIANCE ISSUES, DAMAGE TO REPUTATION, LOSS IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OTHER CONTRACT, OR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR SPECIAL LOSS, DAMAGE OR EXPENSE.
- FOR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF YOUR DATA, OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO TAKING REASONABLE STEPS TO TRY AND RECOVER THAT DATA FROM OUR AVAILABLE BACKUPS.
- OUR TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IS LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT YOU PAID US FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION IN THE SIX (6) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH THE CLAIM GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY AROSE.
- Consumer Laws: In some places, there may be non-excludable warranties, guarantees or other rights provided by law (non-excludable consumer guarantees). They still apply – these terms do not exclude, restrict, or modify them. Except for non-excludable consumer guarantees and other rights you have that we cannot exclude, we’re bound only by the express promises made in these terms. Our liability for breach of a non-excludable consumer guarantee is limited, at our option, to either replacing or paying the cost of replacing the relevant service (unless the non-excludable consumer guarantee says otherwise).
- Non-Solicitation. During the Term and for a period of one (1) year following the Term, you agree that you will not, directly or indirectly, solicit or attempt to solicit:
- for employment any persons employed by us or contracted by us to provide Services; and
- as your customer, any current Subscriber or any individual or entity who has been a subscriber in the twenty-four (24) months leading up to the date on which you ceased to be a Subscriber for any reason if such solicitation would lead to a loss in revenue to BusinessThriver.
- Relationship between the parties; Assignment. Nothing in these terms is to be construed as constituting a partnership, joint venture, employment or agency relationship between you and us, or between you and any other subscriber. You’re solely responsible for resolving disputes between you and any other Subscriber. These terms shall insure to the benefit of and be binding upon any successor to all or substantially all the business and assets of each party, whether by merger, sale of assets, or other agreements or operation of law. Except as provided above, you shall not assign the Agreement or any right or interest under the Agreement, without our advance permission.
- Notices. Any notice or communication required or permitted to be given hereunder may be delivered by hand, deposited with an overnight courier, or sent by or Canada Post or U.S. Mail (registered or certified only), return receipt requested. Any notices sent to BusinessThriver must be sent to 184 Shepherds Bush Road, Hammersmith, London, W6 7NL. Any notice sent to you must be sent to the most address that you have provided to us. In either case, notices may be sent to another address designated in writing by either party to the other. Such notice will be deemed to be given when received.
- Force Majeure. Except for your payment obligations hereunder, neither party shall be liable for damages for any delay or failure of delivery arising out of causes beyond their reasonable control and without their fault or negligence.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction; Waiver of Class Action Proceedings. The courts sitting in London, England shall be the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for all legal proceedings that arise under the Agreement. The Agreement shall be construed under English laws, without regard to its principles of conflicts of law, and such laws shall apply to all issues in dispute hereunder. The application to the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (UCITA) are expressly excluded. You and we agree that any dispute must be brought in the parties’ individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding.
- Survival. The following obligations shall survive the expiration, termination, or cancellation hereof:
- any and all warranty disclaimers, limitations of liability, and indemnities,
- any covenant granted herein for the purpose of determining ownership of, or protecting, the intellectual property rights, including without limitation, the confidential information of either party, or any remedy for breach thereof, and
- the payment of taxes, duties, or any money due to either party.
- Miscellaneous. The Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter of the Agreement and merges all prior communications, understandings, and agreements. The Agreement may be modified only by a written agreement signed by the parties. The failure of either party to enforce at any time any of the provisions hereof shall not be a waiver of such provision, or any other provision, or of the right of such party thereafter to enforce any provision hereof. If any provision of these terms is declared invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary and possible to render it valid and enforceable.
In any event, the unenforceability or invalidity of any provision shall not affect any other provision of these terms and these terms shall continue in full force and effect, and be construed and enforced, as if such provision had not been included, or had been modified as above provided, as the case may be.
It is the express wish of the parties that this Agreement and all related documents, including notices and other communications, be drawn up in the English language only.
You are responsible for complying with all Applicable Law which might impact your right to import, export or use this site and/or the Services, and you represent that you have complied with any regulations or registration procedures required by Applicable Law to make these terms enforceable.