Raj is a Scottish, Kenyan-Indian economist and opinion shaper, a motivated movement builder, strategist and cultural creative with a diverse experience of senior executive experience.
He currently leads his newest startup, Bridging Ventures, and is Associate Dean of Columbia University’s new Climate School. He is also currently Executive in Residence at Oxford Saïd Business School.
Raj has played leadership roles some of the world’s largest alliances, campaigns, and social movements working on climate justice, economic justice, and human rights, including:
- The UN Campaign for the SDGs and led a global team for the Global Call to Action Against Poverty.
- The Decisive Decade Initiative, convened by Christiana Figueres.
- The Elders ‘Every Human Has Rights Campaign’.
- The We Mean Business campaign and efforts to secure #NetZeroBy2050 pre-Paris and complementary campaigns for reversing biodiversity loss and tackling inequality and discrimination.
- The Global Recovery Collective in wake of pandemic, convening #Vaccines4All push towards G7 to secure increase dosage sharing.
He helped to establish and was the first MD of The B Team, a high-level network of business, union, and political leaders created to catalyze sustainability transformation.
Family is very important to Rajiv and he is a proud father and husband.